See our propecia prices:
You may be interested in giving Propecia a try if you are a male who is dealing with losing his hair. Propecia is a medication that is administered orally and it has proven to be effective in promoting regrowth of hair in many people. Propecia can be obtained by prescription only, so speak with your doctor to find out if this is the right choice for your problem.
If it is, here is some important information about the way this treatment works:
- Most people should use a 1mg tablet daily dose of Propecia or finasteride.
- Propecia functions by decreasing the amount of Dihydrotestosterone/DHT, a male hormone that is located in your bloodstream as well as the skin close to your scalp. DHT decreases the hair follicle size in your scalp. By decreasing DHT concentration, you can stop the process of going bald. Also, some of the hair you lost may grow back.
- Research has verified an amazing increase in the amount of hairs on people’s heads that have taken Propecia for a long time. Propecia helps prevent the hair in the crown area from receding, and it is also helpful on the top area of the head assisting in regrowth of hair in the crown. This formula might not work as well on the receding areas on the top of your head.
- Make plans to commit yourself to use this medicine for one year or more. It takes time for Propecia to work, so you won’t notice immediate results. Hair loss should become less in three months. Your hair should begin to grow back in a year’s time or more while using this medicine.
- You have to keep on using Propecia even after you have received results. If you quit taking this medicine, the results will backfire and you may find yourself right back where you began.
- Find out about the potential side effects that may occur when using this medicine. Some people who have used this treatment have said they have less sexual desire and mild discomfort in the groin area, but after awhile, these side effects may diminish as your body gets used to the medicine.
- Find out from your doctor if using a topical ointment like Rogaine or a similar concoction at the same time you use Propecia will make it work even better. Some people have experienced an excellent outcome by applying a combined strategy to handle hair loss.